Understand the admin dashboard
It's time to get familiar with the Kisi web and mobile admin dashboards, the main control panels of your Kisi environment.
The Kisi web dashboard is a feature-rich and easy-to-use interface that allows organization admins to manage access and keep their spaces safe.
Setting up your environment
- The left hand navigation includes everything you need to set up your Kisi environment: create a place, assign hardware to it, create a door, assign hardware to door.
- Once ready, you can go ahead and add users and share access: select the way you want to add users, create a group, and assign access rights.
Auditing and reporting
Once your Kisi system is used, you might want to audit it on a weekly or monthly basis: review place and user analytics, event history, and download reports.
High-level organization settings
The Organization Setup menu allows you to fine-tune your organization settings: set up alert policies, integrate Kisi with other systems, or update your billing information.
The top navigation bar
In the top navigation bar, you can:
- Open the dropdown menu to switch between places
- Click the rocket icon to read the newest product updates
- See if there are any event notifications from alert policies
- Click on your username to edit account settings, switch account or sign out
Organization vs place-specific resources
Once you click on Places and select a place, the left hand navigation is changing slightly. This is because in Kisi we differentiate between organization-specific resources (e.g. users) and place-specific resources (e.g. doors).
Some of the place-specific Kisi resources:
- Place users: users that have access to at least one door in this place
- Place groups: groups that are scoped to this place. Place scoped groups can be managed by users with place-level advanced roles, in addition to users with organization-level roles.
Some of the place-specific Kisi features:
- Capacity Management allows you to monitor and manage the capacity at your place.
- Intrusion Detection allows you to see the status of your zones and manage alarm schedules at your place.
Some Kisi resources can be both organization and place-specific, e.g. Integrations. This means, some types of integrations must be added from the organization dashboard (e.g. SSO providers), while other types of integrations must be added from the place dashboard (e.g. Elevators).
As an organization administrator, you can use the Kisi Android and iOS mobile apps to access important admin features and operate your facilities on-the-go.
- Sign in to Kisi on mobile
- Once logged in, tap on the Home icon to access the Admin dashboard
Organization settings allow you to:
- Add new users to your Kisi organization
- Manage existing users: change group membership of users, enable/disable access, delete users
- Manage temporary access your spaces: add/remove access links
Under place settings, you have the following options:
- Intrusion detection: See a list of zones and their details
- Event history: See all Kisi-related events as they happen at your facility, as well as the user involved. Visually replay related media footage. See past events by fetching older events, up to 90 days.
- User activity: Get a detailed overview of your users' activity at your facility
- Connect Kisi devices: Connect your Kisi hardware to the internet via Wifi
- Assign card: Enroll NFC credentials to work with Kisi by scanning them with your device (Android only)
- Place lockdown: Lockdown doors and entire spaces.
To access the User settings, tap on the User icon in the top right corner of your mobile dashboard.
- Under the Main settings, you can go through the app introduction again and enable important permissions that are required for a perfect Kisi experience on mobile
- By making your phone primary, you make sure you can unlock doors that have the Primary device restriction enabled
- Under Cards, you get an overview of all the cards assigned to your account
- Under Logins, you can see all Kisi logins from your account
On to the next step
- If your organization is SSO-enabled, it's time to configure it in the next step.
- If your organization is not SSO-enabled, you can start setting up your environment by creating your first place.