Credentials identify a user to Kisi and are either physical, mobile or link based.
Kisi offers different ways for unlocking doors with physical credentials.
- Kisi credentials (Kisi Passes), tags and fobs
- Third-party NFC credentials: can be enrolled at a Kisi Reader or via the Kisi Android mobile app.
- Third-party RFID credentials: can be enrolled from the Kisi web dashboard, at a Kisi Reader, at a Wiegand reader, via the Kisi Android app, or by bulk importing via a CSV file
Kisi organization administrators may configure various modes of operation for mobile credentials:
- Tap to Unlock allows users to tap a Kisi Reader to unlock without having to actively use the Kisi apps for Android or iOS.
- Tap to Unlock with Secondary Authentication requires users to unlock their mobile devices before tapping the Kisi Reader for additional security.
- Tap in-app provides the option to unlock doors from within the Kisi iOS and Android apps.
- MotionSense allows users to unlock a door with just a wave of the hand.
Web and email based credentials
Access links are link-based credentials sent via emails to users. Users will find a link inside the email that leads to a page showing a list of locks to unlock.
- Add credentials
- Activate credentials
- Configure reader permissions
- Enable two-factor authentication
- Remove credentials
- Send access links