The Kisi Reader Pro 2 is Kisi’s second Pro generation access control reader for organizations of any size wishing to provide modern access control solutions to their members.
The user experience is simple yet effective: whenever a user presents an NFC card or a smartphone to the reader, information about the credential is transmitted to the Kisi Controller through the cloud or the local network. The Kisi Reader provides visual feedback through an LED circle, its colors differing depending on the result of the unlock attempt.
- Credentials: Physical (LF/RFID, HF/NFC) and mobile (BLE, NFC)
- Users: Unlimited (depending on license)
- Cloud management: Cloud-based web app with cloud updates and potential local cache
- Updates: Over-the-air (OTA) updates that complete within seconds
- Offline support: Fully encrypted and authenticated offline support for both cards and phones
- Feedback: Audio-visual feedback for unlock and other events
- Security: Secure boot, Secure OTA, secure memory and secure connectivity
- Ingress protection: all-weather proof
Dimensions, color, material
- Height: 4.84 in (12.3 cm)
- Width: 1.97 (5.0 cm)
- Depth: 0.61 (1.5 cm)
- Color: black
- Android and iOS smartphones (BLE, NFC)
- High frequency (HF/NFC) encrypted Kisi cards, fobs and tags
- Low frequency (LF/RFID) cards, fobs and tags: HID 26-bit (H10301), HID 37-bit (H10302), HID 37-bit (H10304), HID Corporate 1000 35-bit
Communication and connectivity
- Internet: Ethernet (PoE supported), Wifi (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz)
- LF/RFID, HF/NFC read range: Up to 0.75 inches (1.9 cm)
- BLE tap-to-unlock range: Up to 9 inches (23 cm)
To connect the Kisi Reader Pro 2 to the internet, please consider the following two hardware features: a receiver that receives network credentials, and a status indicator that visualizes a reader's connectivity status.
BlinkUp receiver: receives wired and wireless network (Wifi) credentials transmitted from mobile devices encoded through changes (increases and decreases) in the mobile device's screen brightness. For most Ethernet setups, BlinkUp will not be needed as readers can just be plugged in and connect automatically.
BlinkUp status indicator: indicates the reader's connectivity status through a multi-color LED.
As an internet protocol based access control system, Kisi does not require controllers and readers to be directly wired to each other. However, controllers and readers must be on the same local network for optimum performance, including offline support. Should local network communications be unavailable, controllers and readers will communicate through the internet.
- Unlock status indicator on the front of the reader
- White: the reader is on/offline and ready to process an unlock
- Green: access granted
- Red: access denied
- Connectivity status indicator
- Amber: the reader is ready to be connected to a network
- Green: the reader is connected to a network
- Red: connection failed
- Offline mode
- Blinking red: the credential presented while the device is offline is not in the cache
- Green: access granted
- Card enrollment
- Fading blue: the reader is in enrollment mode
- –4°F to 185°F (-20°C to 85°C)
- Kisi Controller Pro 1
- Kisi Controller Pro 2
- Ships with an aluminum mounting frame
- Can be mounted both on LV1 Mounting Bracket and on metallic profile
- 0.7 ampere at 12 volts of direct current
- 0.4 ampere at 24 volts of direct current
- 0.3 ampere at PoE voltages
The Kisi Reader Pro 2 is equipped with a magnetic sensor that detects if the reader is removed from the wall. Removal should not occur during normal operations, as it indicates tampering. Whenever tampered with, the reader will send a tamper event to the Kisi Cloud. Additionally, if the door assigned to the reader is part of an intrusion detection zone, the zone will turn on its alarm.
The sensor can be enabled or disabled through the web dashboard.