Now that your place has its dedicated controller, you can go ahead and assign a door to it. You controller will be responsible for this door.
- Kisi Controller
- Legacy controller
- Navigate to the place where you have the controller assigned
- On the place dashboard, click on Hardware
- Select the Controllers tab and click the controller you see on the screen
- Click on Relays. This corresponds to the numbered relay on the Kisi Controller Pro to which your door was physically wired.
- Select the correct relay
- Under Edit Relay, select the corresponding door this relay is connected to
- Under Duration, define how many seconds the door should remain unlocked
- Click Save
- Go to your place and click on the Hardware tab
- Click on Controllers and select your Controller Pro 2
- Scroll down and click on Wiegands
- Select the Wiegand device interface to which you wired the legacy controller
- Open the Type dropdown and select Legacy controller
- Open the Search door dropdown and select the door this controller is assigned to
- Open the Card type dropdown and select the card type you want to enroll to be used with the legacy controller
- Depending on the card type, you must enter different values:
- Facility Code - May be printed on the card and represents the facility or building the card belongs to. It’s the same for all employees at a location.
- Card Code - Often printed on the card. It is unique and is used to identify the person it has been assigned to.
- Card ID - Often printed on the card. It is unique and is used to identify the card.
For EM410x/TK410x credentials, the bits refer to the reader's output. Before enrolling this type of credential from the web dashboard, make sure you know if it will be used with 26-bit or 32/34-bit readers.
To remove controllers or readers, please contact Kisi Support.
On to the next step
You're all set. Now it's time to configure your readers.