The Kisi Controller Pro 2, equipped with a Wiegand board interface, offers seamless support for keypad (pinpad) readers with Wiegand output.
- Define a keypad master code to allow convenient access for authorized personnel who require frequent entry
- Set up two-factor authentication, requiring non-frequent users to scan their credential and enter a PIN for an added layer of security
- Works with both door and elevator keypad readers, providing versatile access control options for different areas within a facility
We provide support for legacy keypad readers with the two-factor authentication when they are online. However, the two-factor authentication functionality is not available when the keypad is offline. On the other hand, the master code remains functional and can be used both online and offline.
Supported legacy keypad reader configurations
The Kisi Controller Pro 2 with the Wiegand board provides support for a wide range of legacy keypad readers, allowing for different configurations to be used:
- Single key Rosslare format (Wiegand 6-bit)
- Single key Nibbles complemented (Wiegand 8-bit)
- Four keys binary + facility code (Wiegand 26-bit)
- One to five keys binary + facility code (Wiegand 26-bit)
- Single key (Wiegand 4-bit)
To find the configuration type of your keypad reader, please refer to its documentation. Most of the keypads can be configured with at least one of the different modes listed above.
To learn how to assign legacy keypad readers to a Wiegand board, check out Assign door to reader.
Wiring a keypad reader
To use a keypad reader with Kisi, it is essential to wire it correctly to the Wiegand board.
- Select one of the four Wiegand channels on the Wiegand board
- Toggle the switch of the selected Wiegand channel to
- Connect the legacy reader's D0 wire to the D0 port of the Wiegand channel (Green - Data line 0)
- Connect the legacy reader's D1 wire to the D1 port of the Wiegand channel (White - Data line 1)
- Connect the legacy reader's + wire to the + port of the Wiegand channel (Red - 12 volts direct current)
- Connect the legacy reader's - wire to the - port of the Wiegand channel (Black - Ground)
- Connect the legacy reader's LED cable to the G (Green) port of the Wiegand channel