You can review connectivity metrics for your Kisi controllers and readers such as WAN uptime, LAN uptime, and WAN latencies. This allows you to quickly see your controller's internet connection uptime, local network uptime, and the distribution of high, medium and low WAN latencies.
- Navigate to your place
- On the place dashboard, click on Hardware
- Select the Controllers tab
- Click on the controller for which you want to review uptime metrics
- Under Status, you can review the following charts:
- WAN Uptime: Indicates the uptime for the controller's connection to the internet. Blue bars represent WAN uptime, and gray bars represent WAN downtime.
- LAN Uptime: Indicates the uptime for the controller's connection to other Kisi devices over the local network. LAN uptime is crucial for offline unlocks. Blue bars represent LAN uptime, and gray bars represent LAN downtime.
- WAN Latencies: Shows the distribution of high, medium and low latencies. Latencies indicate the speed of the internet connection. This can be affected by several factors, e.g. network configurations, where the user is located, broken hardware, etc. Blue bars represent low latency, dark gray bars represent medium latency, and light gray bars represent high latency.
Select a time interval
By using the drop-down menu in the top right corner, you can choose the time interval for which metrics on the charts will be displayed. Available options are:
- Last hour: Each bar represents one minute
- Last day: Each bar represents 30 minutes
- Last month: Each bar represents 12 hours
Hover over a bar for more detailed information.