With two-factor authentication (2FA) enabled, you must enter an authentication code from your mobile device to complete your login to Kisi. An authenticator app, such as Google Authenticator, generates the code for you.
Currently, two-factor authentication is not supported for organizations using SSO.
Enable two-factor authentication
- Sign in to Kisi
- Click on your account in the top right corner and select My account
- Click on the Security tab
- Scroll down and toggle on two-factor authentication
- After you've enabled 2FA for your account, Kisi will request you to verify your password again
- Next, download the Google Authenticator App, available both on iPhone and Android
- Use the app to scan the QR code on your screen
- If you can't scan it, click on Can't scan it and follow the steps to manually enter the key
- Once you've scanned the QR code or manually entered the key, enter the 6-digit code that appears in the app
- Click Verify
- Once you've verified the authenticator code, you will see a confirmation screen
If, for some reason you cannot receive two-factor authentication codes, you can use backup codes to access your Kisi account.
Once you turned on two-factor authentication, click on Show my backup codes to download and/or print them.
Each backup code can only be used once. You can generate new backup codes if needed under My account > Security > Two-factor authentication > Generate new backup codes.