To share access with users, you must first add them to at least one group. Groups allow to share access to an entire pool of users, all with similar permissions and restrictions to the same doors.
Kisi groups can be either organization-scoped or place-scoped. Scope defines which permission level is required to manage the group.
- Create an organization group if only organization administrators or organization access managers should be able to make changes to and manage users in the group
- Create a place group if place administrators or place access managers should also be able to make changes to and manage users in the group
Create an organization or a place group
- Navigate to your organization dashboard, and click on Groups
- Click on Add a group
- Define the name and add a description of your group
- Open the Select place dropdown and select the place you want your new group to have access to
- If it should be a place group, enable the Scope to a place toggle. This setting will turn your new group into a place-scoped group, and it can't be changed after the group is created.
- Open the Search doors dropdown and select the door(s) you want your new group to have access to
- Open the Search elevators dropdown and select the elevator(s) you want your new group to have access to
- Under Add users to group, enter one or more valid email addresses separated by commas, and press Enter
- Click on the email address to specify the user's role in this group
- Select Group manager if the user should be able to manage users in the group
- Select Door access if the user should only be able to access doors in this group. Set a validity date if access should be only valid during a specific time frame.
- Enable the Notify the user toggle if the user should receive a notification email with login instructions
- Click Save
- Click Add
On to the next step
Now you can move on and configure your group.