The Kisi Reader Pro is no longer sold, but it is still supported and receiving firmware updates. For more information, check our help article on Installing the Kisi Reader Pro 1.
The Kisi Reader Pro is Kisi’s first Pro generation access control reader for organizations of any size wishing to provide modern access control solutions to their members.
The user experience is simple yet effective: whenever a user presents an NFC card or a smartphone to the reader, information about the credential is transmitted to the Kisi Controller through the cloud or the local network. The Kisi Reader provides visual feedback through an LED strip, its colors differing depending on the result of the unlock attempt.
- Credentials: Physical (NFC) and mobile (BLE, NFC)
- Users: Unlimited (depending on license)
- Cloud management: Cloud-based web app with cloud updates and edge cache
- Updates: Over-the-air (OTA) updates that complete within seconds
- Security: Secure boot, Secure OTA, secure memory and secure connectivity
- Ingress protection: KRP80 for outdoor use / KRP50 for indoor use
Dimensions, color, material
- Height: 5.8 in (14.7 cm)
- Width: 2.95 in (7.4 cm)
- Depth: 1.65 in (4.1 cm)
- Color: graphite gray
- Material: highly durable plastic
- Android and iOS smartphones (BLE, NFC)
- High frequency encrypted Kisi cards, fobs and tags (NFC)
Communication and connectivity
- Internet: Ethernet (PoE supported), Wifi (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz)
- NFC read range: Up to 0.75 inches (1.9 cm)
- BLE tap-to-unlock range: Up to 9 inches (23 cm)
To connect the Kisi Reader Pro to the internet, please consider the following two hardware features: a receiver that receives network credentials, and a status indicator that visualizes a reader's connectivity status.
BlinkUp receiver: receives wired and wireless network (Wifi) credentials transmitted from mobile devices encoded through changes (increases and decreases) in the mobile device's screen brightness. For most Ethernet setups, BlinkUp will not be needed as readers can just be plugged in and connect automatically.
BlinkUp status indicator: indicates the reader's connectivity status through a multi-color LED.
As an internet protocol based access control system, Kisi does not require controllers and readers to be directly wired to each other. However, controllers and readers must be on the same local network for optimum performance, including offline support. Should local network communications be unavailable, controllers and readers will communicate through the internet.
- Unlock status indicator on the front of the reader
- Blue: the reader is online and ready to process an unlock
- Green: access granted
- Red: access denied
- Connectivity status indicator
- Amber: the reader is ready to be connected to a network
- Green: the reader is connected to a network
- Red: connection failed
- 14°F to 122°F (-10°C to 50°C)
- Kisi Controller Pro 1
- Kisi Controller Pro 2
- Screw-in wall
- Optional wall plate at 4 in x 8 in (10.16 cm x 20.32 cm)
- About six watts with 0.5 ampere at 12 volts of direct current
- 48 volts at PoE with about 0.125 ampere