The Kisi Controller Pro 1 is Kisi’s second generation of professional grade access controllers. It offers significant improvements to robustness, making the controller safer and more stable:
- Short circuit protection: the controller detects and cuts short circuits in connected locking hardware (e.g. magnetic locks, strikes)
- Overvoltage protection: the controller does not break if incorrect power supplies are attached to the power input
The Controller Pro 1 works with any existing electronic locks, such as mortise locks, electric strikes, magnetic locks ("maglocks"), and panic bars.
The administrator experience benefits include Plug & Play connectivity and allow for an efficient management and programming of in- and outgoing connectors through the Kisi dashboard.
The previous version of the Controller Pro 1, Kisi Controller Pro 1.0 is no longer sold, but it is still supported and receiving firmware updates. For more information, check our help article on Installing Kisi Controller Pro 1.0.
Inputs and outputs
- Four dry or wet relays wiring to door security hardware: dry, 12/24 volts direct current; wet: max 0.25 ampere x 24 volts or 0.5 ampere x 12 volts per relay
- Contact sensors: four door contact sensor inputs
- Request to exit (REx): four request to exit inputs
- Sustained peak not exceeding 60 watts, but typically lower depending on the number of wet relays used
Communication and connectivity
- Internet: Ethernet and Wifi (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz)
To connect the Kisi Controller Pro 1 to the internet, please consider the following two hardware features: a receiver that receives network credentials, and a status indicator that visualizes a controller's connectivity status.
- BlinkUp receiver: receives wired and wireless network (Wifi) credentials transmitted from mobile devices encoded through changes (increases and decreases) in the mobile device's screen brightness. For Ethernet setups, BlinkUp will not be needed as controllers can just be plugged in and connect automatically.
- BlinkUp status indicator: indicates the controller's connectivity status through a multi-color LED.
As an internet protocol based access control system, Kisi does not require controllers and readers to be directly wired to each other. However, controllers and readers must be on the same local network for optimum performance, including offline support. Should local network communications be unavailable, controllers and readers will communicate through the internet.
- Secure over-the-air (OTA) updates
Web based management
- Inputs and outputs can be managed from the Kisi Dashboard
Dimensions, color, material
- Board height: 4.6 in (11.7 cm)
- Board width: 4.1 in (10.5 cm)
- Board depth: 0.7 in (0.2 cm)
- Controller height: 12 in (30.48 cm)
- Controller width: 9 in (22.86 cm)
- Controller depth: 3 in (7.62 cm)
- Color: White
- Material: ABS
- Screw-in wall using the provided guide
- Compatible with typical Fire Access Control Panels (FACP)