- NFC enabled
- Location services enabled
- In some cases the phone screen must be unlocked
Some Android phones' NFC modules can work in several modes. The Kisi app only supports HCE mode.
- iOS version 12.0 or later
- Bluetooth in the Kisi app enabled
- Bluetooth sharing in iPhone settings under the Kisi app enabled
- Location services enabled and set to Always
In case of a Bluetooth error, please see this support article.
Reach out to your Kisi admin to get access to your space. If you don't know who your Kisi admin is, please contact Kisi Support with the name of your company or residential building and we will look it up for you.
Sign in to Kisi
- Open your Kisi app
- Click on Add Account
- Enter your email and click on Continue. Go to your inbox and tap on the sign-in link you received.
- Alternatively, you can select on Manual sign-in and then click on Organizations Account
- Enter your Kisi Organization domain. If you don't know your domain, click on Don't know your organization's domain?
- Choose your sign-in method
- For SSO sign-in: enter the credentials for your Indentity Provider (IdP)
- For classic sign-in: authenticate with your email and password
Enable location services
- you want to unlock doors using our MotionSense technology
- a reader or geofence restriction needs to be satisfied
- Open your Settings app
- Click on the Kisi app
- Select Location
- Set it to Always
Kisi does not track any location information. The location service only communicates with Kisi when an unlock is being performed, and only to verify the distance from the reported location to the address of the place you are trying to enter.
Unlock doors with Kisi on mobile
Tap in-app allows you to unlock doors from within the Kisi app.
- Sign in to Kisi
- Navigate to your place
- Click on All doors and look up the door your want to unlock
- Tap on the blue lock icon
Tap to Unlock
Tap to Unlock allows you to unlock doors by tapping your mobile device against the Kisi Reader, without having to actively use the app. If your organization has enabled Tap to Unlock with Two-factor Authentication, you might need to unlock your mobile device before tapping it against the Kisi Reader.
With MotionSense enabled, iPhone users can unlock doors with a wave of their hand, without actively using their mobile.
In case Kisi needs to investigate an issue further, we might ask you to send us the app logs.
- Sign in to your Kisi app
- Click on the user icon to open the User settings
- Select on the Help tab
- Click on About
- Scroll down and click on Send logs to Kisi Support