The Coworks integration with Kisi is designed for flexible and shared workspaces looking to automate access management. It allows admins to onboard new members by automatically assigning access rights when they sign up for a membership in Coworks.
This is a partner-built integration, maintained and supported by the partner.
- Kisi organization administrator rights
- Coworks administrator rights
Generate a Kisi API key
You need to have organization administrator or organization owner rights to create an API key. We recommend creating API keys from the organization owner's account, to avoid the API key becoming invalid when an organization admin loses their admin rights.
- Sign in to Kisi
- On the top right corner, click on your name and click on My Account
- Next, select the API tab and click on Add API key
- Enter your name, your Kisi password, and your verification code and click Add
- Copy the API key shown on the screen and click Close
Create a Kisi group for Coworks members
Follow this guide to create an organization group for your Coworks users. To stay organized, make sure your groups reflect your Coworks plans:
- Coworking - Day
- Coworking - Nights & Weekends
Set up the integration in Coworks
- Sign in to Coworks
- Click the Community tab in the left hand menu
- Click on Integrations and navigate to Kisi
- Click Connect
- Enter the Kisi API key you obtained in the previous step
- Click Activate
Sync your Kisi place with Coworks
- Once you activate the integration, you’ll be prompted to choose a campus to map. Choose a campus from the dropdown (your current campus is selected by default)
- Next, map your Kisi place to your Coworks campus
- To confirm that the place has been connected to your campus, click the gear icon in the top right header of your dashboard. Here you should see a "Door Access Place Id" saved in your campus settings page.
You can at anytime change the mapping by clicking on Settings on the Kisi integration tab.
Add a Coworks member to Kisi
- When adding a new member in Coworks, toggle on the Add to Kisi option
- Under Door groups, choose the Kisi group you want to add this member to
- Under Grant access on, you can set a date for which to grant them access (in case you want to have their access start at a later date)
Once added, the member will be automatically created in both Coworks and Kisi. They will receive an email from Kisi with details about how to download the Kisi app and sign in with their Coworks credentials.
Note: To sync members in bulk based on plan allocations, please contact Coworks.