The Controller Pro 2's Wiegand add-on board is equipped with four Wiegand interfaces, allowing seamless support for up to four legacy hardware devices, like readers or controllers. This includes compatibility with existing legacy credentials.
The Wiegand board is designed to receive and send Wiegand signals only. It will not work for readers and controllers that can only communicate via RS-485. If you are using such readers or controllers, please refer to their documentation to know if an adapter is available.
Attach the Wiegand board to the Controller Pro 2
For a visual guide, simply scroll down to watch the accompanying video.
The Wiegand board requires the Controller Pro 2 for power and communication. To install it:
- Make sure the Controller Pro 2 is powered off
- Hold the Wiegand board in front of the controller
- Locate the male/female connector pins
- Plug the Wiegand board into the controller via the connector pins
- Make sure that it's well connected, first pin to last pin