Integrate Kisi with Camio tailgating
This is a partner-built integration, maintained and supported by the partner.
The integration combines Kisi's cloud-based access control system with Camio's intelligent video monitoring platform. It enables real-time insights and fast visual verification of unlock, held open and forced open events, allowing organizations to improve their security and respond quickly to potential threats.
Generate a Kisi API key
- Sign in to Kisi
- On the top right corner, click on your name and click on My Account
- Next, select the API tab and click on Add API key
- Enter your name, your Kisi password, and your verification code and click Add
- Copy the API key shown on the screen and click Close
Configure the integration in Camio
- Sign in to Camio
- Navigate to the drop-down menu at the top right, and open Settings
- Click on Integrations
- Select Kisi from the list
- Under Kisi API token, enter your Kisi API key that you obtained in the previous step
- Under Organization ID, enter your Kisi organization ID. You can find this in the web URL of your Kisi dashboard:
- Under Place ID, enter the ID of the Kisi place where you wish to set up the integration. You can find this in the web URL of your place dashboard:
- Click Save
- Click Create Camio Integration. This will automatically add the Camio integration to your Kisi organization.
- Under Email notifications, you can customize the email notifications template using the mustache variables. Alternatively, you can use the default template by clicking on Use default. Camio will use this template to send notifications via email when a tailgating incident occurs.
- Under Cameras, associate your Kisi lock(s) with any cameras that have a clear line of sight to the doors controlled by those locks
If you can't see any cameras in the dropdown, check if you've entered your Kisi API key correctly, and if you have clicked Save. Refresh the page if needed. If no cameras are available, you can manually enter lock IDs instead.
- Click Save
Camio tailgating analysis will only be run on
held open, and
unlock events. Learn more about Kisi event types here.