Kisi offers a state-of-the-art integration with Cisco Meraki's security cameras aimed at administrators with strict security or compliance requirements.
Whenever a security relevant event is recorded in the Kisi platform, it will download up to nine snapshots on and around the timestamp of the event. These snapshots can, once downloaded, be viewed in the activity stream of the customer's place or organization.
For more details about how cameras work inside of Kisi, please refer to the Cameras concepts.
- Cisco Meraki cameras with API access
- Kisi account administrator rights
Go to the settings of your Kisi place or organization and create a
Cisco Meraki integration.
Once the integration has been set up, go to the Hardware section of your Kisi place or organization, select the Cameras tab and click on "Import Camera". Follow the steps:
- Select the Kisi integration you just created
- Select the Cisco Meraki organization to import the camera from
- Select the Cisco Meraki camera
- Select the Kisi door to assign the camera to
Up to nine snapshots are downloaded:
- 4 seconds before the event occurred (optional)
- 3 seconds before the event occurred (optional)
- 2 seconds before the event occurred
- 1 second before the event occurred
- Exactly when the event occurred
- 1 second after the event occurred
- 2 seconds after the event occurred
- 3 second after the event occurred (optional)
- 4 seconds after the event occurred (optional)
In most cases, this will show snapshots leading up to the event, as well as what happens right after. For example, it could show the person walking up to the door, forcing it open, and then entering.
Please observe that snapshots may be delayed by up to ten minutes based on how soon they're available through the Cisco Meraki snapshot API, or longer if the API limits of the Cisco Meraki account have been exhausted.