Integrating Google Calendar with Kisi allows to unlock and lock doors, remotely and on-demand, for customizable periods of time. Admins can control door scheduling with updates in real-time. It works the same way as scheduling an event on Google Calendar, but instead of a person you invite a door. Once added to the calendar, the door will remain unlocked during the set meeting time.
- Kisi organization administrator rights
- Google Calendar account
Setup the Google Calendar integration
Create a specific door calendar in Google Calendar
The integration will unlock all events on that calendar, so it is highly recommended to keep calendars separate.
- Go to calendar.google.com
- Make sure you are logged in with your work email and not your private account
- On the left side click on the three dots and select Create new calendar
- Define the name of your new calendar, e.g. “door timer main door”.
- Create an event in the calendar, which will be the timeframe of your unlock timer. E.g. if you want your doors open during business hours, create an event that runs Monday - Friday, 9 AM-5 PM.
Configure the integration in Kisi
- Sign in to Kisi
- Select the place you want to set up the integration for
- Go to Integrations and click on Add integration
- Define the name of your new integration
- Open the Type dropdown and select Google Calendar Unlock Timer
- Click Authorize with Google
- Use the same Google credentials you have been using for the creation of the google calendar earlier, then click Authorize
- Click on Calendar Name and start typing the calendar name you gave your door unlock calendar. If authorized correctly, it should show up in the results.
- Type in the door name, select the correct one and click Save
For more details, check the Integrate with Google Calendar unlock timer support guide.